- meet new colleagues and have fun
- improve www.openscience-nijmegen.nl
- learn new skills along the way
- spur new project ideas
- everyone is welcome to join
- registration is not mandatory, but very helpful to the organizers
- you can stay as long as you want/can
- we (organizers) will provide coffee and food during the break
What are the prerequisites?
There really only is one:
Bring your own laptop (or, well, whatever device you’re comfortable working with) that you can connect to the internet.
- you work on any way you like (e.g. writing in google docs or your text favourite editor)
- once you’re happy with your work, you create a pull request (PR) to our repository
- somebody reviews your contribution
- after a successful review, contribution is live!
- go back to step one
(14.45-15.00 site setup, krank-up laptops, finding plugs etc.)
15.00-15.10 coffee and intro
15.10-16.00 doing (see possible contributions below)
16.00-16.10 break, stretch, food! (or keep on doing)
16.00-16.50 more doing (see contributions below)
16.50-17.00 wrap up and plan ahead
How can you contribute?
Contribute by writing new contents and updating existing ones. No coding skills needed. Just eagerness and team spirit 😊
Example issues (those with ‘contents’ tag):
- code of conduct
- populate OS resources tab (find links)
- mention OSC Netherlands in about
- write contributing guidelines
- review and proofread links subpage
- your original issue
Feel like the website is missing something (a button somewhere for something, a tab for something somewhere?). Jump right in. Tackling these issues will will be easiest if you are familiar with Jekyll and GitHub pages. We’re using the Minimal mistakes Jekyll template.
- optimize landing page
- test search functionality
- explore options for analytics (yes/no)
- your issue
If you’re happy with buttons and search bars, but think we’re missing out on something altogether, give your contribution here. The current organization is a result of on-the-go building, so there’s certainly room for improvement.
- explore options to have a member profiles page
- create a newsletter archive
- past events page
- devise a system for categorizing contributions
- create a member initiatives (sub)page
- do we want a blog/news subpage?
- can we have a tag system?
- your very own issue
By definition, we don’t know what we could do here. But you might. If so, shoot!
In case you’ve questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!